The position of financial independence brings with it a powerful opportunity to dream, and yet the responsibility to steward your wealth with wisdom is paramount. Our team of professionals will join you as you discuss how you might serve the people and causes you love. We will help you build and execute a plan that reflects those interests and lock arms with you as your vision becomes reality.
Reaching your goals and dreams is often the result of purposeful planning, good advice, and mature investing. Wealthquest helps you to reach your goals with a sound and proven approach to portfolio management. Our advisors hold highly regarded designations in the field of investment management, the CFP® and CFA® marks. We will apply our experience and expertise to managing your investment assets, while always keeping your tolerance for risk in focus.
- Institutional Asset Allocation
- Combines Active, Passive, and Alternative Strategies
- Customized around client concentrated holdings
- Option Strategies for unique needs
Whether you’re just looking to cover the basics, or would like the full clarity and confidence of a comprehensive financial plan, a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) will be your guide to a strong financial future
- Tax-efficient Savings Strategies for Retirement and Education Planning
- Personal Budgeting and Cash Flow Management
- Investment Advice for Employer-Sponsored Retirement Plans (401k, etc.)
- Risk Management Solutions & Estate Planning Analysis
Tax Prep and Planning
Proper tax planning can minimize your current and future tax burden, providing you with efficient means of accomplishing your goals. We can help you identify opportunities you may not be aware of and develop tax saving strategies to maximize your income and asset growth.
We offer tax preparation to bring proactive tax planning to a new level.
- CPA/EA Prepared Federal, State and Local Tax Returns
- Tax Bracket Management
- December Deadline Tax Review
- Proactive Deduction Strategies
- Coordination with Financial Plan
Who will inherit your property when you die? What kind of medical treatments will you want to receive – or avoid – if you become critically ill? Thinking about issues like these is what estate planning encompasses. When you plan your estate, you create a directive of how your financial and personal affairs should be handled after you can no longer manage them. We will evaluate pitfalls in your current plan, make you aware of opportunities you may be missing, and walk you through the many options available to you. Then we help you to prioritize your goals and to implement your plan with the aid of an experienced estate planning attorney.
- Estate Document Prep Credit (Amount Based on Assets)
- Plan Design Direction
- Existing Document Review
- Cost Efficient Transfer Strategies
- Protecting the Next Generation
One goal nearly all investors share is planning for a comfortable and secure retirement, and preparation is grounded in a sound financial plan. While this is a simple concept, an accurate and thorough plan can lead families through complex and competing goals. Wealthquest can develop a personalized strategy that helps you to properly balance these needs. If you are ready to retire or already retired, we can help you to build a plan that will ensure the future security of your retirement. And we will analyze your sources of income to coordinate the most tax efficient means for providing the income you require.
- Dedicated Financial Planning Department
- Cloud-based planning system with daily updates
- Automated account aggregation
- Clear step-by-step direction to accomplish goals
- What-if scenarios to test alternative paths
- Proactive tracking and advice
If the thought of saving for your child’s or grandchild’s education causes concern or even panic, consider adding a College Funding Plan to your portfolio. We will work with you to define your goals while keeping your own potential retirement objectives in mind. We will discuss with you the many saving vehicles and gifting strategies that are available to aid you in this effort, and we will help you to implement a plan that will put you on track to reach your goal.
- School-Specific Affordability Analysis
- FAFSA Assistance
- Birkman Assessment for One Student Per Year
- Tax Efficient Funding and Savings Strategies
- Coordination with Financial Plan
When it comes to personal finances, life, disability, and long-term care insurance are topics that many people dislike the most. However, most people recognize that insurance is a vital component in managing their financial and family affairs responsibly. The proper types and amounts of insurance can help protect your family from a devastating financial loss. We will review your current policies, and, if needed, explore the most appropriate type of insurance for your specific situation, as well as ownership and beneficiary designations.
- Objective Needs-Based Assessments
- Smart Search Underwriting
- Existing Policy Review
- Long-Term Care Planning
- Coordination with Financial Plan
One person’s meaningful life can affect countless others with proper planning. We can offer the perspective that comes from watching how the legacy that our clients had intended was actually lived out. We start with a discussion about the impact you want to make, and the unique mark you want to leave on the people and causes you care most about. Then, we can help you design an advanced estate plan that will make that impact. And, when the time comes, we are there to help make sure it is carried out in a way that matches what you told us you wanted.
- Advanced Estate Plan Modeling
- Generation-Skip Strategies
- Tax Reduction Strategies
- Irrevocable Trust Analyses
- Family Fire Drill
Advanced Charitable Planning
Whether through a Charitable Trust, Foundation, Endowment, or Donor-Advised Fund, Wealthquest offers the strategies needed to expand the scope of your wealth through charity. We will explore the options that apply to your situation, and help you understand the benefits and drawbacks to each specific design. We will look at the options from many angles, not only what works for you, but also what benefits the charities, and what you can do to keep your heirs involved in the causes you believe in.
- Charitable Trust Design
- Donor-Advised Funds
- Highly Appreciated Property Strategies
- Private Family Foundations
These solutions, provided through our partners at Schwab Bank and TD Bank, allow us to offer facilitated lending, portfolio secured lines of credit, premier credit and debit cards and even mortgage solutions.
- Facilitated Lending Solutions
- Portfolio Secured Lines of Credit
- Available Premier Credit and Debit Cards
- Mortgage Solutions Coordination
Trust Strategy Coordination
Leveraging trust planning in your charitable and estate goals is often essential to fulfill your legacy. With Summit clients, our in-house estate professionals can help you design and execute an estate distribution strategy that ensure your wishes and well-being are honored and protected. Additionally, our team can help navigate challenges like trustee planning, advanced charitable strategies and even assist in the estate settlement process.