The position of financial independence brings with it a powerful opportunity to dream and yet the responsibility to wisely steward your wealth is paramount. That’s why our team is here to partner with you on more than just your finances. We’re here to listen. To understand how you want to live your life now – and in the future. So, tell us your dreams. Share with us your desires for your family and how you want to impact the people and organizations you care most about. Then, we’ll help you build a plan that reflects those interests and lock arms with you as your vision becomes reality.
With one team of professionals working together to offer all of your investment, tax preparation, and estate planning strategies for one simple fee, you can stop worrying about your money – and invest in your life. We’ll do the rest.
As part of Summit, we offer the following services at no additional charge:
Most investment management strategies are geared to the financial trends of the day - instead of the trends of your life. At Wealthquest, we build portfolios aimed at pursuing your needs and desires, all while considering your tolerance for investment risk. Our plan addresses the complexities of the market with strategies designed to grow your wealth, avoid volatility, and secure your future. You can relax knowing even your most complex financial situations are under control - and enjoy what’s important to you.
- Investment Committee Management
- Implementation of Asset Allocation & Asset Location Strategies
- Combines Active, Passive, and Alternative Strategies
- Structured Notes
- Customized around client concentrated holdings
- Option Strategies for unique needs
Tax Prep and Planning
Careful Tax Planning takes the long view instead of the short cut. It should be part of the big-picture approach to your overall financial strategy instead of a disconnected, annual accounting of debits and credits. That way, it can reach beyond tax day and touch the lives of generations to come. By integrating your tax strategies with your investment strategies, your estate becomes a powerful investment vehicle that can transform lives and support the causes and people you believe in. Our tax preparation brings proactive tax planning to a new level.
- Tax Return Preparation (Federal, State, Local)
- Proactive Deduction Strategies
- Tax Bracket Forecasting & Management
- Coordination with Financial Plan
- Family Member Tax Return Prep & Planning *(qualifier at bottom of the page)
Financial Planning is more than determining how to allocate your assets. It’s a reflection of you, your life, and the lives you want to touch along the way. That’s why we take a holistic approach to managing your wealth. Whether it’s the first time we meet, or if we’ve been friends forever, we want to hear your story. And we want to know how you’d like to see the people in your story live their lives. Then we’ll develop a customized plan and strategy that makes your story one that inspires others and leaves a legacy of impact.
- Real-Time Cloud-Based Financial Plan
- Retirement Cash Flow Analysis
- Risk Management Review & Existing Policy Audit
- College Funding Analysis
- Equity Compensation Analysis
- Family Member Financial Planning *(qualifier at bottom of page)
Retirement preparation is grounded in a solid financial plan that identifies opportunities as they present themselves. If you are contemplating retirement or already retired, we can help you build a plan to ensure the future security of your wealth.
- Tax Efficient Income Distributions
- Roth Conversion Analysis
- Qualified Charitable Distributions of RMDs
- Business Succession Analysis
- Stock Options Utilization Strategy
- Asset Protection Strategies
Who will inherit your property when you’re gone? What kind of medical treatments will you want to receive – or avoid – if you become critically ill? When you engage in estate planning, you address these questions and create a directive for how your financial and personal affairs should be handled after you can no longer manage them. We will evaluate pitfalls in your current plan and make you aware of opportunities you may be missing. We’ll do this while also recognizing that estate planning should go beyond determining who gets what and how to avoid taxes. It should reflect the dreams you have for your family and how to achieve them after you’re gone. It should reflect how you lived - and how you want to be remembered.
- Estate Planning Credit (Per Advisory Agreement)
- Existing Document Review
- Plan Design Direction
- Family Legacy Strategies & Wealth Transfer Analysis
- Charitable Planning
- Family Member Estate Planning Credit (Per Advisory Agreement)
One person’s meaningful life can affect countless others with proper planning. We can offer the perspective that comes from watching how the legacy that our clients had intended was actually lived out. We start with a discussion about the impact you want to make and the unique mark you want to leave on the people and charities you care most about. Then, we can help craft a plan that will make an impact now and leave a legacy well after you’re gone.
- Estate Plan Modeling
- Generation-Skipping Strategies
- Tax Reduction Strategies
- Irrevocable Trust Analyses
- Family Fire Drill
Advanced Charitable Planning
Whether through a Charitable Trust, Foundation, Endowment, or Donor-Advised Fund, Wealthquest offers the strategies needed to expand the scope of your wealth through charity. We will explore the options that apply to your situation, and help you understand the benefits and drawbacks to each specific design. We will look at the options from many angles, not only what works for you, but also what benefits the charities, and what you can do to keep your heirs involved in the causes you believe in.
- Charitable Trust Design
- Donor-Advised Funds
- Highly Appreciated Property Strategies
- Family Foundations
When it comes to personal finances, life, disability, and long-term care insurance are topics that many people dislike the most. However, most people recognize that insurance is a vital component in managing their financial and family affairs responsibly. The proper types and amounts of insurance can help protect your family from a devastating financial loss. We will review your current policies, and, if needed, explore the most appropriate type of insurance for your specific situation.
- Objective Needs-Based Insurance Assessments
- Existing Policy Review
- Coordination with Financial Plan
The complexities of the college selection and entrance process can be quite overwhelming - not to mention the price tag that comes along with it. That’s why we offer to map out a college funding plan for our families that includes the many savings vehicles and gifting strategies available for accomplishing this goal. We also equip students with the resources needed to navigate the years leading up to, and through college.
- School-Specific Affordability Analysis
- FAFSA Assistance
- Birkman Assessment for One Student Per Year
- Tax Efficient Funding and Savings Strategies
- Coordination with Financial Plan
These solutions, provided through our recommended vendors at Schwab Bank and TD Bank, allow us to offer facilitated lending, portfolio secured lines of credit, premier credit and debit cards and even mortgage solutions.
- Facilitated Lending Solutions
- Portfolio Secured Lines of Credit
- Available Premier Credit and Debit Cards
- Mortgage Solutions Coordination